- There are 40 multiple choice questions in the challenge, each with 5 possible answers.
- Questions 1 – 25 each carry 2 marks, Questions 26 – 35 each carry 3 marks, and Questions 36 – 40 each carry 4 marks.
- The challenge is one hour long.
- Once you click on “Start” a clock will countdown and at the end of one hour your answers will be automatically saved and submitted.
- You can end the test before that by clicking on “Submit Test” on the final question.
- The grid of squares at the top will show you which questions you have answered.
- You can skip a question and come back to it later or revisit any question you have already answered by clicking on any question number in the grid.
- You will need paper for rough workings.
- You must not use a calculator or any other electronic device.
0 of 40 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
Thanks for the exam.We will display results shortly
1. Question2 point(s)
Questions 1-25 each carry 2 marks
1. 98+198+298+398+ 498
2. Question2 point(s)
3. Question2 point(s)
4 + 3 15 11
4. Question2 point(s)
4. What is the whole number remainder when 123456789 is divided by 11?
5. Question2 point(s)
5. Which of the following is not divisible by 9?
6. Question2 point(s)
6. When using Vertically and crosswise to calculate 642 x 384, what is the result of the third step
before any carry digits have been added?
7. Question2 point(s)
7. One of the following shows the correct working for 329 × 989 using Nikhilam multiplication. Which
8. Question2 point(s)
8. Work out,
9. Question2 point(s)
9. The devinculated form of 6is 58. What is the devinculated form of 7 2 0 ?
10. Question2 point(s)
10. Convert the fraction, 81 , into a decimal. 750
11. Question2 point(s)
12. Question2 point(s)
12. What is the Highest Common Factor of 432 and 576?
13. Question2 point(s)
13. What is the Lowest Common Multiple of 432 and 576?
14. Question2 point(s)
14. What is the largest prime number less than 20 multiplied by the smallest prime more than 20?
15. Question2 point(s)
15. What is the mean (average) of 8283, 8294, 8279, 8276 and 8288?
16. Question2 point(s)
16.83% of $25.00
17. Question2 point(s)
17.Using Nikhilam division for 24219 ÷ 897, some workings are shown below. What are the three
missing digits for A, B and C?
18. Question2 point(s)
18. Which is the correct digital root check for 4526 × 3724 =16854824 ?
19. Question2 point(s)
20. Question2 point(s)
20.Given that 3 x 37 = 111, what is the remainder when 222 222 222 237 is divided by 37?
21. Question2 point(s)
21. 8 kg of flour costs $28. What is the cost of 5.2 kg of the same flour?
22. Question2 point(s)
22.The first five terms of a sequence are, 2, 9, 16, 23, 30,…
What is the 125th term in the sequence?
23. Question2 point(s)
23.Given that a =12 and b = −3 , find the value of, 2(a+3) − (2b − a)
24. Question2 point(s)
24. Expand and simplify,
x(x +2y) − y(2x − y)
25. Question2 point(s)
8c²d × (4cd)²
26. Question3 point(s)
Questions 26 – 35 each carry 3 marks
26. What is a half of a third, plus and third of a quarter, minus a quarter of a fifth?
27. Question3 point(s)
27. Three boys ran a race. Arjuna took 1 2 hours. Bhishma took 95 minutes and Nakula took 1.6 hours. 3 What was their mean time in hours and minutes?
28. Question3 point(s)
28. A cyclist sets out on a long uphill ride and travels at a constant speed. At 1pm he is one third of the
way up the hill and at 3pm he is three quarters of the way up. What time did he set out?
29. Question3 point(s)
29. A factory makes 58352 grams of honey and pours equal amounts of the honey into 112 jars.
Which of the following could be the number of grams of honey left over?
30. Question3 point(s)
30. The diagram consists of three different
rectangles with angles as shown. Each one touches two others.
What is the size of angle x?
31. Question3 point(s)
31.Each edge of an equilateral triangle is 6 cm and
each edge of a regular hexagon is 3 cm long.
What is the ratio of the area of the triangle to
the area of the hexagon?
32. Question3 point(s)
32. On the circle of nine points each number is
joined to every other number with a line.
The two numbers on the end of each line are
mutliplied. How many answers will be even?
33. Question3 point(s)
33. Suki and Sharifa each have a collection of pressed flowers. Suki has 5 times as many as Sharifa. Suki
has 84 more pressed flowers than Sharifa. She will share so that each have the same number.
How many will each then have?
34. Question3 point(s)
34.How many rectangles of all types are in this grid?
35. Question3 point(s)
35.Solve the equation to find the value of x.
7x – x – 1 = -1 2 8
36. Question4 point(s)
Questions 36 – 40 each carry 4 marks
36. A rectangle is divided into two rectangles
with areas as shown. The length of the whole
rectangle is 89 cm.
What is the length marked x?
37. Question4 point(s)
37. Last year the cost of gas in the UK was 7p per KWh. This year the price increased by 111%. Next
year, the cost is expected to rise by 100%.
What is the expected cost per KWh next year?
38. Question4 point(s)
38. A large rectangular piece of paper measures 48 cm by 80 cm. It gets cut in half. One half piece is
taken and cut in half to produce a quarter. One quarter piece is cut in half. This process is continued
until there are seven cuts in total. What is the area of the smallest piece?
39. Question4 point(s)
39. The unshaded region inside this regular hexagon
is divided into equilateral triangles. What
fraction of the whole hexagon is shaded?
40. Question4 point(s)
40. A logo is made using five circles as shown. Each circle has a radius of 3 cm. Using the value of π as
22/7, what is the outer perimiter of the logo?